Association for Support and Development of Educational
Initiatives in the Field of Science and High Technologies
"Education for Future"
WE WANT BELARUS TO BE READY FOR THE HIGH-TECH FUTURE
The future is being formed by how we teach and learn right now. That means that more and more elementary, middle, and high school students need to be motivated to become
successful in math, science, robotics, and engineering.
They also need to be taught to be proactive and develop systematized, project-oriented thinking. We want to help society and the government raise a new generation of in-demand engineers, inventors, innovators, and socially responsible entrepreneurs in the high-tech field.
Lack of interest is science: fewer and fewer high school graduates are choosing scientific professions (24% in 2017, predicted to drop to 21% by 2022 according to research from Ernst and Young)
Poor math literacy: school students' grades in math and science are extremely low (28% had an average grade or better in math in 2016)
The profession of school teacher is not very prestigious. Pedagogical institutes have a low threshold for passing math and science (about 200 out of 400 points)
Work together to develop and support educational initiatives, opportunities, and projects that solve the problem of preparing today's school students for Belarus' high-tech future.
Who are we?
IT companies, startups, and companies in other industries that want to help Belarus become a high-tech country
with an eye to 2020-2030
Focuses of our activity:
- 01 STEM – science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
- 02 CAREER GUIDANCE – helping students familiarize themselves with new technologies, engineering and natural sciences, industries, and professions.
- 03 POPULARIZATION of science, IT, inventing, and entrepreneurship.
- Develop special skills and systematic, project-oriented thinking.
- Stimulate the community's demand for specialists in high-tech industries.
- These things already exist and can be developed and scaled.
- Provide equal opportunities regardless of social, geographical, gender-based, or, financial factors.
- Focused on school students, parents, formal and informal educational institutions, the media, and society.
- Multiplier effect
- Broad coverage oftarget audience
- Practical orientation
we doAll projects
- Minsk Open RoboTournament
- COMPETITION BY THE ASSOCIATION: I WANT TO STUDY IN STEM-CLASS!
- ANNUAL REPORT OF ASSOCIATION "EDUCATION FOR FUTURE" – 2019
- Educational Robotics Cup
- shares its mission, values, and goals
- participates in management (through the Member Committee)
- provides quarterly membership contributions
- can support individual projects via targeted membership contributions
- can assist in the achievement of the Association's goals with expertise, reputation, and/or contacts
QUARTERLY mandatory membership contributions on a sliding scale. The company chooses the size of its own contribution.
Use: to provide for ongoing activities and events.
TARGETED financing of individual projects (voluntary).